There are many Tampa Bay area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here to learn about our “Your Home Sold Guaranteed in 29 Days” program or for a free property valuation so you know what your home can sell for in today’s market. You may also call me at (813) 359-8990 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Many homeowners think they should wait until spring to sell their homes. However, that's a myth cultivated by years of living up north. Because of warm weather all year long, the Tampa market doesn't experience huge drop-offs in sales like other markets experience in the winter. There are several reasons why selling during the holidays is a smart move.
- There are not as many people selling. This time of year, buyers are motivated and determined. With fewer homes on the market, you have less competition. You have a better chance of getting a better price. Waiting to sell might be a mistake since the rest of the competition will list in the springtime.
- Gain a clean slate for finding a new home in the spring. You can get your finances in order, clear everything off the books by the end of the year, and hit the market ready to buy in the spring.
- There's an increase in population. Snowbirds come down to Tampa and fall in love. If you wait until spring, you will miss out on that whole audience of buyers.
- The saturation rates often favor sellers. The saturation rate describes the number of homes on the market versus the number of homes sold. This can vary neighborhood to neighborhood, so talk to a real estate agent to make sure.
- Interest rates are expected to rise next year. Buyers will lose buying power, so they cannot pay as much for your home. Get in front of that rate hike and sell your home now before prices go down.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should sell this holiday season. If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!